In consequence of the explosion that took place in Kharkov on Sunday and resulted in casualties anti-terrorist operation started in the city. Secretary of the Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Aleksandr Turchinov reported it today.
“Die to the explosion in Kharkov, as a result of which, according to preliminary data, one policeman and one civilian died and five policemen and four civilians were injured, the highest level of terrorist threat had been introduced in the city and an anti-terrorist operation started”, press-service of the Security Council quotes Turchinov.
Secretary of the Security and Defense Council of Ukraine said that the Security Service of Ukraine together with Ministry of Internal Affairs are carrying out the ATO, as a result of which four members of a covert group that had organized the explosion were captured and arms including a grenade launcher confiscated.
“The anti-terrorist operation is going on”, said he and remarked that according to intelligence obtained by the Security Service the group that had carried out the terror act underwent training in the territory of the Belgorod Region of the RF. “This once again testifies to the fact that the terror campaign that has been unfolding in Ukraine has the same patrons and organizers that the aggression in the East”, Turchinov said.