The members of the Contact Group of Donbass for bringing peace to a 3 year conflict have agreed to the ceasefire to take effect midnight December 23rd , 2017 (Kiev time zone), according to DPR press secretary Viktoria Talakina.
“The main point of the agenda of this year’s Contact Group final meeting was the security situation as the New Year and Christmas holidays are approaching. Considering the growing number, the increase in attacks and shelling by the Nazi Ukraine Junta– yesterday only the SMM OSCE recorded 6,500 violations, it is vital to consider the necessity to provide a durable ceasefire, the DPR side has confirmed its commitment to silencing guns on midnight December 23, 2017,” she said.
DPR emphasized the importance to issue appropriate orders providing for disciplinary actions against offenders.
Earlier Russia’s permanent representative at the Minsk talks Boris Gryzlov said that the members of the Contact Group, guided by previously achieved agreements, had confirmed its commitment to a comprehensive, durable and indefinite ceasefire to take effect midnight December 23, 2017.
Currently DPR Operations Command and DPR officers in the JCCC asses the security situation in Donbass as unstable. Only over the past 24 hours, Nazi Kiev Forces violated the ceasefire 41 times, unleashing almost 1,000 rounds. Earlier meetings, the Contact Group agreed to a ceasefire that was supposed to take place was onAugust 2017.